I can't believe there's only one episode of PLL left. It's almost time to say goodbye to our little liars forever (?), but first we have a few reactions to get through! I had hoped to get the post for episode 18 up on Monday or Tuesday before this week's episode aired, but now it's Thursday and I'm combining the two into one :)
7.18 CHOOSE OR LOSE
Our rogue PLL is finally outed by Mona.
- How did it take the cops this long to finally issue some search warrants on the liars?
- Tanner is back and she's not happy, gunning for the liars more than ever. But why wasn't their kidnapping enough to change her mind about them? It's not like the kidnapped themselves--clearly something is going on here!
- Oh Aria. We all know what you're up to. It's time to drop the shady charade.
- Ashley is the best PLL mom. She's makes the other PLL moms look like incompetent garbage people. Okay, Aria's mom is also...fine. But just fine. Also, where is she? Or the rest of Aria's family for that matter?
- Mona has this ALL figured out. Because of course she does. She's Mona.
- What is happening to Toby's face? Did the wilderness "get" him? Like, did a bear shave of its fur and glue it to Toby's face?
- Oh no. Aria's motives are even LESS noble than I'd hoped. I know I shouldn't have given her so much credit.
- Spencer, please. Aria isn't responsible for your parents' divorce. Also, I love how Spence tells her she can find her own ride as if Aria didn't arrive there solo and therefore probably has her own car she'd need to drive anyway.
- Aria may be bad, but her hair is on point in this episode.
- Thank goodness she's finally telling Ezra what's going on--not that he's all that helpful...
- Haleb marriage is happening! This is not a drill people! HALEB IS OFFICIAL ALWAYS AND FOREVER! You knew this moment would require all caps, right? My shipper heart is happy. The rest of the liars could all die in a fire and I'd still be like, "Good ending tho!"
- Spencer doesn't know how to let a man grieve, apparently. Spencer, it's called letting his dead wife's body get cold before you jump him.
- PLL sex montage! We never would have seen this back in season one. Which is probably a good thing. Oh and of course, wedding scenes thrown in to show how superior Haleb are to the rest of them.
- Team Hot Caleb and Ezra! We need Toby in the loop so the PLL men can activate their powers.
- STILL not buying Mona as A.D. I'm just not.
- Aria and the body in the trunk. I kinda hope she Weekend at Bernie'ses this whole situation. "Him? Oh, he's just taking it easy."
7.19 FAREWELL, MY LOVELY
An A.D. suspect reveals info about Charlotte's death.
- You can just shake trunks open now?!? What make and model of car is that? Is this something all cars can do? Between someone getting the body in there in the first place, and now the cop just jiggling the trunk open, Aria should probably invest in some kind of additional security latch or something.
- Ezra is the most likable he's ever been, telling the liars off for abandoning Aria when they've all done their fair share of dumb stuff.
- Oh no. Aria's finally losing it. I think I can get on board with Crazy Aria though. She's better than Bad Choices Aria
- Hmmm. Now Mona's losing it too.
- Emily and Ali... I dunno. They do more couch-sitting. Is this really how this series is going to end for these two? Forever sitting on a couch?
- It's a little uncool that Hot Caleb won't let Hanna come on the underground mission, but will let Spencer. Shouldn't he want everyone to stay safe? But I'll forgive him because he's Hot Caleb.
- The flash forward was just a dream thing is hella lame. Why do I have a feeling they just forgot to incorporate it when Archer was still alive and now they had to sandwich it in somewhere before the show ends?
- To whom. Actually kind of a nice Spaleb moment. I like Spencer so much better when Hot Caleb is with Hanna.
- Mona is REALLY losing it.
- I really hope she killed Charlotte.
- The liars' reasons for not turning Mona in are pretty weak. Just do what you always forget to do and FIND HER A LAWYER.
- This is why you don't just bury bodies, kids. You destroy them. But also, don't kill people.
- Wow, Mary gets respect for taking the fall. I won't go so far as to say she's a good mom, but she's got the right instincts.
- Is Tanner really sending the girls home with a slap on the wrist? REALLY?
- Poor Mona. I've really come to like her over the years. It's hard to see her crack like this, but I prefer her being involved this way over her begin neglected in the end.
- So the game is done...but who's A.D.? Is next week's finale going to be a time jump? WE NEED TO KNOW WHO A.D. IS!
- ...I mean, it has to be Paige, right? As we head into the finale, that's my final guess. I know it's not all that original, but she's been MIA just long enough to drop off people's radar. Plus, she fits. But I realize it's also very possible the brains behind PLL want me to think exactly this way and A.D. is actually going to be Spencer's dad, because let's face it, he's got a hand in everything these days.
- Whew! A lot of new into to incorporate into our understanding of the PLL world. Now who can direct me toward a map of all the tangled connections in Rosewood so I can start making sense of the past seven seasons?