7.06 WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE
The Rosewood P.D. begins to unravel the Liars’ cover-up, which leads them to question Rollins’ death altogether. Hanna deals with an inward battle on whether or not to tell the cops the truth, while Ezria struggles with an awkwardness in their relationship. Jenna reveals part of her plot and a new partner she is in cahoots with. Ali learns that the Liars gave her up as Charlotte’s killer in order to free Hanna, which does not go over well.
Meanwhile, someone is murdered for playing with the wrong team.
Official synopsis courtesy of prettylittleliars.com
Quick intro--in case you didn't notice, there was no PLR last week. We had a little staycation/cottage long weekend and with Little E home from camp, there was simply no time for blogging beyond my exciting interview with debut author Hayley Stone (which you should check out here if you haven't already!). I didn't even watch last week's episode until right before watching this week's, which ultimately wasn't a big deal because #PLLProposal aside, it was a bit of a snoozefest. I'm also so not here for Hot Caleb-less episodes. Happy to see him back this week, but I need more... Okay, let's dive in:
1. What is Aria wearing? Okay, clearly they're keeping us on the hook with regards to how the proposal went--though she isn't wearing a ring--but if anything is a clear sign she'll say yes, it's her return to wacky outfits similar to Ezria's glory days.
2. In other wardrobe news, Ali is wearing the red jacket. Sassy Ali is always welcome at my table, but wardrobe department, can you please find a jacket that emphasizes what a babe Sasha is, instead of making her look frumpy? The cat sweater last week was bad enough.
3. Does anybody else kinda want to see a workplace spinoff featuring Hanna and Lucas? Have I said this before? It feels so perfect that it feels like I've probably said this before. I'm too lazy to look it up.
4. I love that Aria asks to see Hanna to ask for advice and Hanna makes it about her then storms out. Hanna, you are definitely my girl, but sometimes the trauma needs to take a backseat, like when your friends are reaching out to you. I'm not saying Aria's drama is more dire than Hanna's cause it's not, but yeah. Hanna's funny like that. All that said, thank god the truth about the Jordan break up is finally out in the open. Now we can all move on with our lives!
5. Why do we keep seeing/hearing about The Radley but Mama Ashley is nowhere to be seen? I know the girls are more grown up now, but I miss the PLL moms.
6. I know I'm probably supposed to know what's going on with Mary Drake but I just don't. And the whole Jenna being friends with Charlotte and helping her and Archer thing? Yeah, can someone please explain this to me in some sort of chronological sequence of events? Cause I'm lost. I barely even remember who Noel Kahn is.
7. Yay! Hot Caleb is back! And he and Spencer finally (Right? For real this time??) have broken things off for good. And in such a mature manner! No messy problems for Haleb to overcome now! Especially with Spencer basically endorsing their reunion. If there isn't a Haleb scene in next week's episode, I might have to write a sternly worded letter.
8. That cop's mask doesn't look even remotely real. How does Ali feel safe with that guy? Is he Rollins? Someone else? Yeah, probably someone else cause, you guys, there is more than one British man in the world, not to mention in the game itself. Does nobody remember Wren? Are we not supposed to??
9. I have a feeling Ezra might feel Aria's confession just puts them on level ground--statutory rapist meet accessory to murder. Now they can get married and have criminally adorable children! One aside: Ezra, when someone asks for time to think, you don't hound them with follow up messages all day. It's not like you asked her if she wanted some frozen yogurt. Give the girl some time and space!
10. Sara Harvey is dead--is it possible anyone but Jenna is behind her death? Did she maybe just legit slip in the shower? Of course, this being PLL, it's also entirely possible she's not dead at all.
Prettiest Little Quote of the Week:
"Honey, I'm home!" -creepy red paint on the wall (classic PLL)