Wow, how did we get to the second last episode of the season already? These little half seasons really fly by. So not ready for the break, but at least things are looking up for Haleb before the finale. Yes, okay, they're not back together, but they are working together, and making Spencer jealous, which to me, means two things: 1. Hanna and Hot Caleb trust each other pretty much anyone else (and stand united together, no matter what), and 2. The honeymoon is official over for Spaleb. I can't help but wonder what Hot Caleb would have done if Spencer had been against Haleb's plan. But again, PLL showed us how the girls have matured with the time jump by having her force herself to be cool with it. Cause that's what grown-ups do... Anyway, enough about that, let's get to the episode!
- I've personally never been a big Hanna and Lucas fan for obvious reasons (dude needs to move on), but they work quite nicely as friends. That I can get behind. But the whole Lucas wanting to buy her a building feels an awful lot like Pacey buying Joey a wall. Do we really need to go down this road again, with Lucas pining for Hanna. He now has two guys in his way, in Jordan and Hot Caleb. Lucas, buddy, it's not going to happen.
- Ali's husband is definitely sketchy. Maybe I'm reading too much into it--or maybe this is symptomatic of PLL making me suspect everyone--but he's super suspicious, right? Did he push Ali down the stairs? Maybe. Probably.
- The card with the X'd out liars on it really stands out to me. And not because of its contents, but because the front of it is a freakin staircase. Maybe Ali is too far away to have seen it, but I'd expect that to stand out to anyone walking around the room, as it did to Hanna. So then why didn't Mr. Ali notice it? Maybe because HE PUT IT THERE? Did it suddenly mysteriously appear after he dropped off more flowers? Cause that's kind of what it looked like. Or is this all just a red herring and it's just coincidentally weird that nobody before Hanna questioned sending a staircase card to a girl who just fell down the stairs?
- Sara Harvey's handy man and Mona. I don't know what to think. My gut instinct these days is to trust Mona, but I dunno. She's done a lot of really bizarre stuff in the past. And what's with the handy man standing around eating ice cream like a big weirdo? That whole scene was strange. And Emily's attempts to be covert were not the best. Em, for the last time, it's called back-up.
- Is it just me or is Ezra's book kinda bad? I couldn't stop thinking about that during the Nicole flashback. Or maybe the acting is just way over the top.
- Hanna needs Hot Caleb. She really, truly needs him. And he needs her too--he just won't admit it. But he will help. And he will stand by Hanna no matter what. I love the fierceness of this pairing, even if it's a "business partnership". We all know what's really going on. Yes, Spencer. Be wary. You should be.
- The hand grab. Yes, it was in the previews, but that didn't make it any less magical. Actually, I was kinda shocked by how it all went down. Hanna just sort of went for it. A sign of solidarity is one thing, but that felt an awful lot more like a brazen claiming of territory. And Hot Caleb doesn't really seem to mind until he realizes Spencer is looking, and then he just looks like a million thoughts are racing through his mind. Poor guy is going to have some tough decisions to make soon, I think.
- Spencer sure is drinking a lot wine...
- The Spaleb Europe flashback probably yields the most chemistry I've observed between the two of them, but it's vacation romance. It's not real. It's got that glow of "we're all alone here and the real world is miles away." It still feels like solace, not love.
- The Haleb plan goes forward. Hanna confesses to killing Charlotte--but will Devil Emoji buy it? I have a feeling this is almost definitely going to blow back in their faces. That's the PLL way, after all. But however it goes down, I definitely hope it brings both Haleb and Spoby closer together again.
Prettiest Little Quote of the Week:
"We're all connected like a big bowl of linguini." -Hanna (or like a bunch of friends with secrets and lies...)