Things are quickly heating up PLL--both on the murder mystery front, and the personal relationship front. We may not have 'A' to worry about anymore, but Rosewood continues to be one of the worst places to live ever. Remind me again why the none of the families of these girls moved away during the five-year time jump? I hesitate to say they deserve it at this point, but man, they certainly aren't trying to avoid the drama...
- At the beginning of almost every half season of PLL, I find myself wondering, who's the misdirect going to be this time? We had evil Creeper Toby, evil Ezra, and of course the girls have all looked suspicious at various times. Well, for 6B, at least for now, it seems Aria and Ezra are suspects #1 and #2 (or #2 and #1). Aria is suspiciously anxious to get back to work (though really, I don't blame her for that), and her actions the night Charlotte was killed are definitely suspect. That said, the killer isn't Aria, you guys. It's just not. Charlotte's neck was broken, and if nothing else, I can't imagine little Aria pulling that off. I'm 99% sure it isn't Ezra either.
- Ugh Spencer and Hot Caleb. So we really need to keep at this? Can't we just pretend those tension-filled moments between them last week were all a dream? I'm soooo over it. I have always been okay with these two as friends, but please don't take advantage of our fragile Haleb hearts, PLL. I get that we need some kind of plot device to keep Caleb around (and now it seems that he'll be helping out the Hastings campaign--geez, talk about having your work cut out for you!). He needs to be there so he and Hanna can fall back in love, but this stuff with Spencer just feels wrong. It's a betrayal. I'd rather see him with some random new girl than Spencer.
- Wtf is going on with Emily? Clearly, a lot. She didn't finish school, which is understandable with her dad dying and the fact that college isn't for everyone, but apparently she's sick with some mystery illness that her mother doesn't know about, and her doctors don't seem entirely on top of either. Does she have cancer or are we just jumping to conclusions?
- Sara Harvey's hands are the new Jenna's eyes. Do they work? We may never know.
- Hot Caleb and Jordan. Oh Jordan, why did you have to be such a charmer? Okay, so we've now got two great guys for Hanna. Girl has excellent taste in men. But sorry, Jordan, you seem really sweet and... well, it's not you, it's me. I'm a diehard Haleb fan. You understand right? I mean, you saw that moment between them in the storage room, right? There's still a spark there. More than a spark. So Jordan, I certainly hope you have some deep dark secret that makes this easier, because we the viewers are going to have to break up with you regardless. Seriously, Jordan seems super nice and all, but he can never understand Hanna's world the way Hot Caleb does.
- On the subject of cute new boyfriends, Aria's bookish boy is pretty adorable himself. I was never really an Ezria fan, aside from kind of feeling like they deserved each other, but it definitely feels like this new guy is just a placeholder.
- Hanna is probably doing the right thing by protecting Aria, and ultimately deleting the security footage of Aria leaving the hotel. But it's easy for me to say that because we know it wasn't Aria. Knowing how PLL usually goes, Hanna is going to pay the price for that cover-up... I just hope Hot Caleb is there to help.
- Sara Harvey is the creepiest creeper who ever creeped.
- I'm not buying the chemistry between Spencer and Hot Caleb. I was a Buffy/Angel fan, but I never once denied the chemistry between her and Spike. Spencer and Hot Caleb seem more like siblings who are giggling about hat time they accidentally hooked up. GROSS, RIGHT? Yeah, unnatural and gross. Spencer needs to stop talking to Hot Caleb like he's her boyfriend. At least he seems to be sleeping on the couch...for now. If Haleb aren't reunited by the end of this half season, I'm gonna have to throw someone from a bell towel after snapping their neck.
- Who is the mystery person getting in the car at the end? Is this our new 'A'? What shall we call, them? B? Hmmm. Until next time!