With the fallout of Hanna’s abduction still weighing heavily on the PLLs, the Liars begin to grow suspicious of Elliott Rollins as Ali’s condition worsens. Tensions rise between Liam, Aria and Ezra as they work on the book together. Spencer and Caleb are on edge, as neither of them want to talk about the awkward elephant in the room. Meanwhile, Emily receives a disturbing phone call and tries to find a way to see Ali.
Official synopsis courtesy of prettylittleliars.com
1. Mary Drake's speech about secret people is definitely weird. And suggestive. Does Hanna's family have a secret member?
2. Hot Caleb and Hanna's reunion isn't what I expected or hoped for. But it's okay. They're playing it slow so we can savor it, I'm sure. But the way she looks at him when he gives her back her ring? It's definitely on.
3. This Spencer and Hot Caleb scene is kinda heartbreaking. I don't blame Hot Caleb for trying to pretend everything is normal after Hanna pulled the "old habits die hard" card, but I also don't blame Spencer for rebuffing him. Get out, Spence. He's in love with someone else.
4. I love how oblivious Emily seems about the Haleb Spaleb triangle (uh, quadrangle. Sorry Jordan. I keep forgetting you exist.) Also, why is she talking to Rollins like he's a normal person? Did Aria and Ezra not sharehow sketchy he was being? Dammit Aria!
5. Blah bah blah Lucas. I just can't bring myself to care.
6. Guys. Rollins is super sketchy. How are you not all suspecting him by now? Aria, why are you still not saying anything about his creepiness?
7. PLL is really big on bars where couples first got together being distractingly meaningful. First Aria's jukebox diversion and now Hanna breaking up with Jordan. Okay, obviously that was coming anyway. But it's definitely a noticeably similar plot device. Also, I really hope we get to see Hot Caleb's reaction when he finds out Hanna's "old habits" speech was followed by dumping her fiancé.
8. If Aria and Ezra are going to be together, they really need to not work together. It just seems like a bad idea all around. But it does lend to Liam's awesome rant about the inappropriate nature of Ezra and Aria's initial coupling.
9. Mary Drake sure does seem to like randomly popping up and distributing convenient bits of backstory. Huh. I kinda like that she seems to be the kind of crazy where she's out to get the liars but is also willing to help Emily see Ali, and may eventually turn against Rollins.
10. Oh drunk Spencer. Poor, drunk, fired Spencer. This conversation definitely doesn't feel like it's happening between two people who are currently dating. Sorry, Spaleb. It was a mistake. And you have little left other than the past tense.
Prettiest Little Quote of the Week:
"I understand the impulse. The Lolita myth. Not the Nabokov original, but the whole older man, inappropriately younger girl idea that's been trashed by lesser writers." -Liam (get it, boy)