Well, I hate to keep things brief for a season finale, but it's also March Break and my time is limited...of course, I can't NOT share some thoughts on this explosive finale, which yes, I definitely enjoyed, and yes, it definitely has me salivating for the next half season, even though no, I did not like a particular fav liar of mine ending the episode in jeopardy (but I also liked it; more on that below). Let's get right to it, shall we? (oh, and this is more than a top 10, cause this is stream of consciousness blogging here, and honestly, this finale packed in way too much for me to narrow it down.)
- Hanna trusts Hot Caleb. Spencer does too. And Aria's face after they both say this is priceless. Go back and check it out if you can.
- Where's Jason? I know he's running the family business but where is he physically? I feel like this season could have been even more crazy if he'd been around. I was never much of a Jason fan to begin with, but he's tied up in all this family drama so I hope he's back for Season 7.
- Toby's glasses. That is all.
- Does anybody even remotely know what Sara Harvey is doing right now or ever? Cause I have no clue. Like, if she's not bad, why does she do ANY of the things she does?
- I don't care enough about Nicole to care that she's maybe dead. (Plus, she's almost definitely not dead, right? She's going to suddenly come back to rain on Ezria's parade, I just know it.)
- What the hell Ali's dead mom!
- It's kind of patronizing that the liars keep referring to it as "babysitting Ali". Old Ali wouldn't have stood for that shit.
- It seems extra strange that they're also sitting around drinking wine. I get that they're "all grown up now" but they seem to sit around drinking wine a lot. Which, okay, I kinda love.
- Spaleb scene.. blaaaah. But worth noting, she said I love you and he silently responded with, "Oh. Oh, no. No, it's not like that. I love Hanna."
- Ezria = "Our book is going to be a bestseller, now let's get it on."
- Haleb flashback is pretty heartbreaking. But also begs the question, how quickly did Hot Caleb get out of there? He didn't seem to linger at all. Plus, leaving his phone behind seems very unlike him.
- Hanna still love Hot Caleb. No surprise there, right? But it's so nice to see her say it, and it's even nicer to see that HE is the one who makes a move to kiss her. Like, without even wanting to "talk about it" or process the info, or pull the, "but I'm with Spencer now!" card. Nope, he just wants to kiss his sweet Hanna again. And my Haleb shipper heart breaths a massive sigh. Let it also be noted: Spencer says I love you, and Hot Caleb leaves. Hanna says it, and he makes out with her. Yeah. That's pretty much all you need to know about that..
- Sad Ali in the church almost seems as stupid as all the crazy solo missions Em has gone on this season. Where do these girls come up with these random potentially dangerous ideas from?
- I kinda love Mona the party crasher. She just shows up everywhere you don't want her to be. But Spencer seems to actually kinda be okay with it.
- Also, since I haven't mentioned it yet, I'm glad there is still clearly a Spoby spark cause Spencer is about to get her heart broken...
- Mary Drake is the twin! This does not surprise me. Okay, the part where she's Charlotte's real mother was a bit surprising, but I think her being Ali's aunt is a lot less surprising.
- Also not surprising is Mr. Ali being evil. I totally called it. I did not call him being British however. And I should have because apparently the actor is British.
- Hanna is gone. On the surface, I am so not okay with my fav liar being in danger, but did you see how Hot Caleb freaked out, and how angry he seemed with himself at the end? He feels like he let her down, and worse, maybe he's lost her forever. Except no, the show won't off Hanna. She's too awesome. Which means we should get an amazing Hanna rescue (or, dare I ask for it, Hanna escape?) where Hot Caleb does anything to get her back, followed by the hottest of all Haleb reunions. If the show is more adult now, more, let's say, freeform, whatever that means, and we're seeing more nudity (and boy, if this episode was any indicator...), I think season 7 needs to start off with a bang. Literally. A hot Haleb reunion bang. Make it happen, PLL.
No quote of the week this time, because I didn't have time to write one down :) Is anybody else super excited for season 7a? I know I am. Haleb forever.
Sorry for typos. No time to edit.